Easy A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MapleStory-World Merger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Database
Database

MapleStory-World Merger Empty
PostSubject: MapleStory-World Merger   MapleStory-World Merger EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Say goodbye to Yellonde, Kradia, Mardia, and Chaos, say hello to Scania V2. It seriously pisses me off that they're doing this just because they're too cheap to pay the $15 a year it costs to keep 3 servers running (I've seen server costs, while $15 may be an exaggeration, it's not by much, most MMO balance sheets don't even list server cost as an expense, it's just an asterisk it's so small). One of the reasons I elected to play in a tiny world was because it was tiny. I didn't want another world like Scania or Broa (worlds I have many characters in and quite dislike to be honest). To make matters worse, they removed world transfers 1 day before announcing it to make "jumping ship" impossible. Are they just trying to be #&@$s or are they really that---

Ugh. Let's take this opportunity to discuss alternative worlds for me to make a character in that Nexon isn't being an asshat to. In other words, what are some good, small worlds I can join, preferably with 19+ channels. Thinking about Nova right now.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory-World Merger   MapleStory-World Merger EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:17 pm

I think the merger is awesome.

Suggesting a new name for the combined servers right now: Discordia.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory-World Merger   MapleStory-World Merger EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:18 pm

as a Yellonde player, this would make me mad, since i moved here specifically to be in a desolate server, but i say only "would" because i don't really give a shit about this game anymore and havent been active in a whilee
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory-World Merger   MapleStory-World Merger EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:18 pm

For the players that wanted to be in a smaller server; I think you should move to Galicia as it will be the only server that does not have 20 channels.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

Gone for 13 weeks and this happens. Lols.

At least I won't have trouble finding a training pt when I get back :o
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

Database wrote:
as a Yellonde player, this would make me mad, since i moved here specifically to be in a desolate server, but i say only "would" because i don't really give a shit about this game anymore and havent been active in a whilee

you only don't give a shyt, it could be worse. and we'll just refer to the new 20th channel as channel yellonde. i don't think even these 4 servers are going to make it that more crowded.

anything is better than just 1 full room in fm i think.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory-World Merger   MapleStory-World Merger EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:19 pm

I joined a dead world for a reason. How am I supposed to camp those event bosses now that there are more than four times as many people and not even twice as many channels? And when are zak/ht instanced?

At least FM might see a bit more action. Whatever. It's not like anyone cares much about this game anymore.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory-World Merger   MapleStory-World Merger EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Lol, there are way too many worlds to count, I guess that's why they're combining the desolate servers since they're too cheap. Maybe you'll meet more people? idk. Joining when Broa was the newest world makes me feel so old.. haha.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

You guys know that Zenith doesn't even have 2 full FMs?

Why wasn't Zenith included, I would have actually possibly played a little bit again if it did.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory-World Merger   MapleStory-World Merger EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:20 pm

I, for one, am enjoying this merge quite a bit.

And almost everyone one else who I know agrees. Of course maybe that's because the people who hate it ragequit
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory-World Merger   MapleStory-World Merger EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:20 pm

I think its a wonderful ideal. I would want people to play with unless Im a hacker
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

Database wrote:
I think its a wonderful ideal. I would want people to play with unless Im a hacker

I have a very low tolerance for idiotic people. Unfortunately, idiotic people compromise most of Maple's population, so I need to avoid them. It's impossible to avoid all people in a crowded world, so I end up with concussions from smacking my head against the wall from trying to explain something to what I can only assume is an eggplant with the ability to type.

OT: Now that Nexon has condensed everything down to 7 worlds, which is the least populous? Do you think it matters at all since they seem to just be working towards one big happy world of hackers, ks wars, lag, & all the other nice things that go along with overpopulation?
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory-World Merger   MapleStory-World Merger EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Database wrote:
Say goodbye to Yellonde, Kradia, Mardia, and Chaos, say hello to Scania V2. It seriously pisses me off that they're doing this just because they're too cheap to pay the $15 a year it costs to keep 3 servers running (I've seen server costs, while $15 may be an exaggeration, it's not by much, most MMO balance sheets don't even list server cost as an expense, it's just an asterisk it's so small). One of the reasons I elected to play in a tiny world was because it was tiny. I didn't want another world like Scania or Broa (worlds I have many characters in and quite dislike to be honest). To make matters worse, they removed world transfers 1 day before announcing it to make "jumping ship" impossible. Are they just trying to be #&@$s or are they really that---

Ugh. Let's take this opportunity to discuss alternative worlds for me to make a character in that Nexon isn't being an asshat to. In other words, what are some good, small worlds I can join, preferably with 19+ channels. Thinking about Nova right now.

Just out of curiousity, where did you come with that $15/yr number?
I mean, I don't run my own commercial grade server at home my self, but I brought some used one and hack around w/ it. And I did make a few myself for specialize task. So, I know the cost of the hardware even if it's spread out over 10 years it's still way over $15/yr and that is just pure hardware cost alone not including electric bill and maintenance cost. Not counting bandwidth cost because assuming the same number of players regardless of world merger or not the number shouldn't be that significant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory-World Merger   MapleStory-World Merger Empty

Back to top Go down

MapleStory-World Merger

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1