Easy A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basic Movie Renamer program based on nfo contents...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ScriptKiddieBot

Basic Movie Renamer program based on nfo contents... Empty
PostSubject: Basic Movie Renamer program based on nfo contents...   Basic Movie Renamer program based on nfo contents... EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Ok I have whipped up this program over the last week or so & I thought some others may want to use it.

How it works...

You select YES or NO to if you want to rename or not. Basically if you say NO it goes thru the whole process but doesn't rename anything.
You select a Folder
The program searches for nfo files.
If found it gets the TITLE & YEAR info from the nfo
It renames any matching files in the folder

i.e. If it finds BOLT.nfo

It will rename the BOLT.avi to Bolt (2008).avi

it will also rename any files ending in mpg,mkv,-fanart.jpg,nfo,tbn (You can add others easily to...)

So all the associated files should now have the new correct name & year

The whole program is infact a Mortscript script file, i.e. a text file so you can edit it as you see fit. I have provided some rudementary comments in the file that may help.

Download Movie Renamer.zip

Just extract the zip contents in a folder & run the Movie Renamer.exe

I suggest you test on a dummy folder first with a copy of some of your files to confirm correct operation.

The status window will show you the progress if you have many files, & the log file will be opened at the end so you can review the results.

Remember that you need to do a REBUILD MOVIES in Media Companion so that Media Companion can see the newly renamed files.
Back to top Go down

Basic Movie Renamer program based on nfo contents...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1