Easy A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Guide] Asura

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Database
Database

[Guide] Asura Empty
PostSubject: [Guide] Asura   [Guide] Asura EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 pm

This was interesting as I found a few series of builds. I didn't realize it was just adding stats so I did research and I found quite a few on DFOSource

Asura Section

[Dice Dragon's Asura Guide]ASURA, Pew Pew waves?

The Asura, for starters is a subclass of the slayer class, so if your not familiar with the first tier classes you should read up on it, but ill give you A BRIEF summary, and I mean brief.

The slayer is basically a magic swordsman with skills they deal both physical and magic damage. They also have wide sword attacks and are recommended for beginners.
Slayers wear heavy armor and can equip short swords, blunt weapons, katanas and great swords.

Now to begin on the subclass in question Asura. An asura is a slayer that has honed his magic potential but has given up his sight. Asuras focus on long range wide magic attacks known as "Waves". But that does not mean they don't engage in melee like all other slayers do. because they wear plate armor, and they attacks have Large areas of effects Asuras are great at handling mobs and therefor fit well in a party, but can solo also.
As mentioned before they may wear plate armor which increases there max MP, int, and removes the penalties for wearing plate armor, however it restricts there jumping, and moving abilities making them somewhat slow.

!Skills!

Wave sword/Cancel
Wave sword is your basic skill that you will most likely be using as an asura, its very long range and is pretty good on all the axises, and does decent damage with a low cool down and fast cast. The cancel also lets you cancel the next two skills.

Ice wave sword
Ice wave sword is another staple attack, its a slow cast and slow moving wave that juts ice spikes out of the ground, takes some getting use to in my opinion because its very slow and some what short ranged to begin with also has a decent freeze chance.

Fire wave sword
Fire wave sword is a high powered wave that ends in an explosion doing a ton of damage. Pretty self explanatory.

Wave Manifestation Brand
This skill is a staple skill of all Asuras, it raises your int/casting speed for each brand you have as well as makes brands for you at certain intervals.

Focus
Raises INT and Mana regen a small bit whenever you get hit. Can be stacked 3 times.

Wave Wheel slasher/Cancel
A grab skill that does a slash then hits the grabbed target with a wave wheel 3 times. Has a good Area of effect, and does decent damage. Also if it lands you get a wave brand.

Wave radiation
Creates a large burst of energy around with decent range, also throws the monster whichever way your facing, great for putting the enemies in a pile or getting them away from you.

Ghost Orb/Cancel
You need a rune brand to use this. And it gets stronger for each extra you have, consumes at cast.

Ghost orb throws a orb that slowly moves forward attacking things in its path and ends with an explosion, however it only has a certain number of attacks so not very good vs groups.

Spirit crescent/Passive buff
Spirit crescent launches a crescent shaped wave out in front of you. with the passive it lets you charge it for more power. A VERY powerful skill. In PVP this skill can mean defeat if your not careful.

Murderous wave
A skill which creates an aura around the Asura which does slight damage every secound as well as buffing party members Crit rates, in my opinion you only need this skill as a pre-req. But I can see somebody leveling it to see its potential.

Ground Quaker
A grab skill that grabs the enemies in spheres to deal magic damage to them.

Agni pentacle
Another grab skill, this one hovers the enemy and spins large spheres around for each rune consumed at use. Deals A LOT of damage. the spheres explode at the end.
Several of the basic slayer skills come in handy as well, this is a skeleton with the bare essentials add to skills you like from here.(cap is 40)

AradSociety - Skill Planner

Playing the Asura,

The asura is a relatively easy class to play if you know what to do, the key in my opionon is not to stay put for long, keep moving and firing those waves at the enemies to knock them down and combo.
As for PvP it really depends on the class and what not so I wont get in to that.

Conclusion,

This by all means is simply my opinions and not set in stone I am all building this from knowledge of how the Class SHOULD play. Not all from experience so that being the case, take this guide as what it is, and don't flame and thank you for reading!

*Also all pictures and skill icons by DFO world wiki <3.
*Credits goes to Dice Dragon for making such an excellent guide!
*Spell checked by Hellshreder
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

[Guide] Asura Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Asura   [Guide] Asura EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 pm

**** guides. just put skills i wanna play with.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

[Guide] Asura Empty

No one said you had to follow, but its a better understanding to know what to add too or the base skills so you can be a better Slayer/PvP or PvE. I know this is a hacker forum but at least know the basic. Wouldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

[Guide] Asura Empty

lool, sorry if i made it sound negative, but yeah, i meant to say what i did. if you're someone who plays only dfo when you're maple acc is a/b'd like me, pick skills you like using
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

[Guide] Asura Empty

Na, my account isn't ban. I actually like DFO/Combat Arms. The PvP is fun and the game itself isn't hard.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

[Guide] Asura Empty

I put w/e skills i want on every class in this game :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Guide] Asura Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Asura   [Guide] Asura Empty

Back to top Go down

[Guide] Asura