Easy A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Because God said so!'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
-Mitchel M.
-Mitchel M.

'Because God said so!' Empty
PostSubject: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 am

If this is the real answer to the tough questions in life - why not just say it? Why make up all kinds of arguments justifying why God said so or even think anymore about the issue.

After really thinking hard about homosexuals I have discovered that there is no reason why God hates homosexuality for Christians - none. The answer is simply 'Because God said so!'. Yet, the Christians I have talked to about this issue feel the need to explain the practical reasons for resisting homosexuality. Not sure why....
Back to top Go down
Juicy
Juicy

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 am

God does not hate the homosexual, God only hates the" sin".
Back to top Go down
Suspense
Suspense

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:05 am

-Mitchel M. wrote:
If this is the real answer to the tough questions in life - why not just say it? Why make up all kinds of arguments justifying why God said so or even think anymore about the issue.

After really thinking hard about homosexuals I have discovered that there is no reason why God hates homosexuality for Christians - none. The answer is simply 'Because God said so!'. Yet, the Christians I have talked to about this issue feel the need to explain the practical reasons for resisting homosexuality. Not sure why....

There are reasons. They are all simple, in that they require radical and straightforward logic.

You have agreed that Christians should not practise homosexuality, 'because God said so'. Are you saying that you don't understand why (He said so)? If this is what you mean by your opening statement in this thread, please confirm, and I'll look back over the posts I've made to see if I've missed out anything which might clarify it further for you.

Many thanks.

Hi juicy

There are many Bible verses in which God states plainly that He hates sinners. Nevertheless, because He is good, and He loves justice, He took upon Himself to justify mankind from sin, despite this verse:

Proverbs 17:15 5 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both [are] abomination to the LORD.

Romans 3:26 To declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Nobody is 'just' for not believing in Jesus. They don't have a Godgiven right to reject Him. The opposite is true.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Back to top Go down
-Mitchel M.
-Mitchel M.

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 am

I am saying that God does not give a reason for condemning homosexuality for Christians - it is not a matter of misunderstanding - there is no reason given. Nor am I claiming that there should be a reason given. My point is - the answer is - Because God said so.
Back to top Go down
Speak
Speak

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 am

Juicy wrote:
God does not hate the homosexual, God only hates the" sin".

I agree. God does not hate homosexuals. He only hates the sin. Christ came down to save sinners. He loves the homosexuals as well as all sinners.
Back to top Go down
-Mitchel M.
-Mitchel M.

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:07 am

For the record, I never said God hated homosexuals. I said he hates homosexuality for Christians.
Back to top Go down
Phobia
Phobia

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:08 am

That God said is basically .. what God said. God is God, if people cant take what He said as the truth then they arent referring to God, but a 'god' in their own making subject to people's wisdom and judgment. (this is another example of liberal counterfeit christianity)
But on the homosexual issue it is pretty obvious from observable functional anatomy that God is right and homosexuality is wrong. Far from a difficult question, it is a no brainier actually.
Back to top Go down
Skilletrockz
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skilletrockz

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 am

Funny,,, I had one of those "I'm frustrated with you" talks with God the other day concerning why sin is sin etc.. The answer I got was because "I said so!", But, I think it may be much more than this and I'm reminded of something I believe the Lord told me a while ago.

Sin is sin, not because God said so, but because it's a "being" that exists. No matter how small or innocent it seems, it's destructive and will keep growing. Just as a little leaven leavens the whole bunch, or a grain of mustard seed growing into some large stalk, sin works the same as faith. Feed one and it will starve out the other.

So, because sin exists as a destroyer, it becomes "Illegal" for us.

However, I'm still going to ask why everyone seems concerned with homosexuality above all other sins. Out of all the questions I've wanted to ask God when I die, this will be the one. (If you could only ask one question and get an aswer to.)
Back to top Go down
-Mitchel M.
-Mitchel M.

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:11 am

Skilletrockz wrote:
Funny,,, I had one of those "I'm frustrated with you" talks with God the other day concerning why sin is sin etc.. The answer I got was because "I said so!", But, I think it may be much more than this and I'm reminded of something I believe the Lord told me a while ago.

Sin is sin, not because God said so, but because it's a "being" that exists. No matter how small or innocent it seems, it's destructive and will keep growing. Just as a little leaven leavens the whole bunch, or a grain of mustard seed growing into some large stalk, sin works the same as faith. Feed one and it will starve out the other.

So, because sin exists as a destroyer, it becomes "Illegal" for us.

However, I'm still going to ask why everyone seems concerned with homosexuality above all other sins. Out of all the questions I've wanted to ask God when I die, this will be the one. (If you could only ask one question and get an aswer to.)

I agree with you - sin is the corruption of the good and is forbidden. I also agree that homosexuality is singled out as a greater sin. I think it is because you are either tempted by it or you're are not. Those who are not think they are qualified to throw the first stone.

It is interesting that you were talking with God about sin recently - so have I. I got the answer that it is allowed to exist so that our ability to love will be stretched and strengthened to include even the most difficult to love.

blessings
Back to top Go down
Jong
Jong

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:13 am

1 Corinthians 6:9 "Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,"
This sums it all up!

He does not hate homosexual offenders but the basic construct of homosexuality is sin. God despises sin and not the person yet with the power of the Holy Spirit (which all believers have) he keeps us and leads us into righteousness. Was Jesus' life or the apostles as life of homosexuality?
Back to top Go down
GimmiMoar
GimmiMoar

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:14 am

***** just trust god! Seriosuly why do you need to quesiton it?
Back to top Go down
-Mitchel M.
-Mitchel M.

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:16 am

GimmiMoar wrote:

Reporting you. Please don't swear at me. Also i'm just curious, this is a forum it's designed for discussions. That's what i'm doing.
Back to top Go down
Tetris
Admin
Admin
Tetris

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:18 am

GimmiMoar wrote:

Swearing is against the rules. Why do you think we censored it? Please don't do it again. You've been warned.

Anyways in my opinion this is something that we'll never know. God is very hard to understand and we just have to trust him at times.

I'm going to lock this topic as their is no real answer to this.
Back to top Go down
https://easya.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Because God said so!'   'Because God said so!' Empty

Back to top Go down

'Because God said so!'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Easy A :: 'Because God said so!' Edit-trash Useless :: Trash-