Easy A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help Needed - Playing A Sound File Upon an Action

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lesh0
Lesh0

Help Needed - Playing A Sound File Upon an Action Empty
PostSubject: Help Needed - Playing A Sound File Upon an Action   Help Needed - Playing A Sound File Upon an Action EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:55 pm

Hello, I have been working very hard lately attempting to make a little code that will play a .wav file once a certain action has been triggered. I am using an open-source script which is used for emergency dispatching (http://www.ticketscad.org/) and I would like for a sound to be played once a unit receives a dispatch.

Another thing is that I would like to be able to do the same thing, except for when a unit presses a specific button then a sound is played on everyone's computer who has the website open.

I appreciate all help even if what I have come for is not satisfied.

Thank you in advanced,

PS: I cannot code from scratch. My PHP knowledge is really low.

:EmoteOhMahGa:
Back to top Go down
Skilletrockz
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skilletrockz

Help Needed - Playing A Sound File Upon an Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Needed - Playing A Sound File Upon an Action   Help Needed - Playing A Sound File Upon an Action EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Presumably if you're working with software that is used for emergency dispatch you should know that having coding skill better than "really low" is vital. Someones life could depend on your code.

Anyway, PHP isn't action or event driven. Neither is html. Both languages are reactive not pro-active.

It's possible to play sound files on a webpage but if you need it to work dynamically without a screen refresh then you might be best of using a small hidden iframe which refreshes every second.

There isn't really much else we can say to you. You've not provided us with any source code you're working on, not pointed out any lines of code you have a problem with, what the logic flow is etc. What you've done is give us a very vague description of your problem.
Back to top Go down

Help Needed - Playing A Sound File Upon an Action

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1