Easy A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WilliamFreed

Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm. Empty
PostSubject: Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm.   Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:44 am

Small business owners usually consider building their own website rather than hiring a professional website design firm to get the task done. This decision may be taken considering the high cost included in getting it designed by a professional. However, there are some things you need to know before building your own website. There are certain rules you have to follow when you do it yourself. In most cases, the content which you include in your site will belong to the service provider (i.e., the host).You won’t be allowed to modify the site or even change the provider. You may even have to pay cancellation fees up to $300 to cancel the service. But in the case of a custom designed site, you have the freedom to edit/transfer your site to another host without any extra charges. You just have to pay for their work.

When you design a website, the cost will be cheaper. You just have to take up a monthly plan which will cost you 20$-30$. You don’t have to make any initial payments. However, while hiring a web design firm, you may have to pay them in advance and also for the services in the future, like modifying the website, developing the graphics etc. The fee varies depending on the provider. But the advantage is that you have complete control over the site and don’t have to pay any monthly fee.

A do-it-yourself website has limitations. You can only choose from a limited option of web design template, which may already have been used by another company. As a result there are many sites with the same design. Your company image should be unique. You can also get a website design firm to work on a design template and develop it for you, but you should expect to pay less than you would for a custom made, professional website design.
Back to top Go down
Kinkii

PostSubject: Re: Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm.   Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Yea for sure. theirs no doubt about it.Making your own website is much better. Youd need a lot of html knowledge though....
Back to top Go down
RokkaMan

PostSubject: Re: Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm.   Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Is this forum self made?
Back to top Go down
GiveAway

PostSubject: Re: Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm.   Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:01 pm

RokkaMan wrote:
Is this forum self made?

Well... i think they use a builder but i belive they made this layout since its not compatible wth certain browsers.. The layout on this forum is amazing though, ive never seen it like this. Its nt original
Back to top Go down
ninak
ninak

PostSubject: Re: Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm.   Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm. EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Many hosting companies have sitebuilders and free script installers that help you develop your website. The most user friendly that I have encountered is RVSitebuilder. It does have over 700 templates plus a wysiwyg section to develop you own design.
There are also many free and inexpensive templates out there that you can customize to suite your needs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fdwhostingco.com
GiveAway

PostSubject: Re: Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm.   Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:39 am

ninak wrote:
Many hosting companies have sitebuilders and free script installers that help you develop your website. The most user friendly that I have encountered is RVSitebuilder. It does have over 700 templates plus a wysiwyg section to develop you own design.
There are also many free and inexpensive templates out there that you can customize to suite your needs.

Webs.com is pretty well known i belive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm.   Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm. Empty

Back to top Go down

Building your own website Vs hiring a professional web design firm.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1