Easy A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainCop

How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece  Empty
PostSubject: How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece    How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:04 am

Hello,
I am developing a project based on the OpenTok API.
Its no where near completed yet, but the basic idea behind it is to put together a web video chat conference "room", with each user's video stream shaped like a puzzle piece.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this, so I thought I'd post here and see if anyone has any suggestions. Someone at the OpenTok discussion group suggested overlaying the video stream with a transparent puzzle piece image, using CSS absolute positioning, and while this is an interesting thought, I foresaw a problem in that the part of the video stream that did not fit inside the puzzle piece would still be visible, and so how would I get rid of that excess?

Any ideas, suggestions, or the like are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
PairOfDice
PairOfDice

PostSubject: Re: How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece    How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:04 am

I am not familiar with OpenTok, but yes the logical way would be display your video then over the top place a puzzle piece that will act as a mask to your video. If you know the sizes of the video then you should be able to design your piece such that it will always fit the video.
Back to top Go down
CaptainCop

PostSubject: Re: How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece    How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:06 am

Right. I thought of the mask approach, however am not sure what I can use to implement it. Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece    How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece  Empty

Back to top Go down

How to do streaming video in the shape of a puzzle piece

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1