Easy A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One table or seperate tables

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Momment
Momment

One table or seperate tables Empty
PostSubject: One table or seperate tables   One table or seperate tables EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:47 am

A little unsure here.

I'm adding the ability to post user comments on images, blogs, articles, profiles and am wondering if its best to create ONE comment table and somehow tag what the comment belongs to, or if its just easier to create one table for EACH type of comment (art_comments, blog_comments, etc).

My gut tells me having a seperate one for each type is the way to go! Of course this rookie gut might be wrong as usual

PS currently I have set up seperate tables, and it works just fine, but I was thinking of maybe using an addComment class in PHP vs having addImgComment/addBlogComment/etc functions, and just pass a parameter to it specifying what the comment is meant for.

Double PS, this is on an offline site, just a personal task to learn some... And when done make it live
Back to top Go down

One table or seperate tables

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1