Easy A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kookie

Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)  Empty
PostSubject: Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)    Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:43 am

http://francoirishkitchen.tumblr.com/

I recently set up a new tumblr and I am looking to alter the CSS a little but I'm very new so am having trouble with it.

You see the inks beneath the title? Home, About etc.? I want to change the colour of that text and the mouseovers so that they reflect the colours of the irish flag (green, white and orange).

Changing the HTML doesn't work so I take it I have to do it via. the CSS, but I don't have access to the CSS file, only the ability to add additional code, so I don't know how to preserve the other aspects of the style of those links whilst simply changing the colours.
Back to top Go down
Feather

PostSubject: Re: Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)    Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:43 am

The CSS styles seem to be at the top of the html in my browser. Recheck your html.
Back to top Go down
Momment
Momment

PostSubject: Re: Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)    Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:45 am

Hello Kooki
You are right to change the colors from the CSS, adding markup for styling is an outdated practice.
Normal state - Line #79 of your CSS has this entry -

Code:

#nav li a {
   color:#13C2ED; /*changes text color*/
   font-family:"Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode";
   text-decoration:none;
   font-weight:bold;
   font-size:12px;
   padding:10px 10px 10px 10px;
}

Code:

#nav li a:hover {
   color:#262626; /*changes text color*/
   background:#13C2ED; /*changes background color*/
}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)    Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing link colours by adding CSS< not changing it? (Tumblr)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1