Easy A
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Database
Database

eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web Empty
PostSubject: eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web   eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 pm

I wrote up a tutorial on how to get going using Ruby on the web without using Rails. Hopefully this will spark some interest in Ruby and get this forum going.

http://www.hiveminds.co.uk/node/3094
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web   eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Now there are four articles including how to get Ruby MySQL or PostGreSQL database connections on windows. Everything you need if you have a good shared host like Dreamhost, Bluehost, grokthis and many others that support eruby.

Next tutorials will be on the filesystem and then sessions.
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web   eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Someone sent me an email about running Ruby on Windows IIS. So after a few minutes I found out that it was as easy as running perl.exe. The eRuby interpreter works fine in sending the information on to the Ruby library. So now there's a tutorial on this.

http://www.hiveminds.co.uk/node/3100
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

uh what type of language is ruby?
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web   eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Database wrote:
uh what type of language is ruby?

Here is an article that describes Ruby and show it in use in a pratical web application.

http://www.hiveminds.co.uk/node/3116
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

PostSubject: Re: eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web   eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi good afternoon! Your article is just what I need! Unfortunately I wasn't able to use eruby because IIS generated an error that goes on like this:

HTTP 401.3 - Access denied by ACL on resource
Internet Information Services

I don't understand why this happened. I'm running Windows xp sp2 with IIS, mysql and apache web server installed. Please help me, this will aid our thesis. Thankyou so much and God bless!
Back to top Go down
Database
Database

cool! I got eruby working on iis 7.0 however... when i used this code on (rhtml):

require 'mysql'

iis reports that require could not locate 'mysql' however when i used a ruby(.rb file) equivalent, it works... i wonder what's wrong. Mysql, mysql-ruby 2.7, eruby, ruby 1.8 and iis 7.0 is installed on my vista system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web   eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web Empty

Back to top Go down

eRuby: A tutorial on using Ruby on the web

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1